OVEN SMOKED SALMON/TROUT FILLET WITH YOGHURT DRESSING
Preparation time: 5 minutes | Cooking time: 20 minutes
This counts as an oily fish portion and you can use either salmon or trout. You do not need any special equipment, just an oven, it is very quick and simple taking minutes to prepare. You can prepare it in the morning or the night before, put it in the fridge and then it takes less than 20 minutes to cook.
- Preheat oven to 220 C/200 C fan/Gas 7
- Mix the herbs, 2 tbsp sugar and salt together and rub over the salmon. Cover
and chill in the fridge for an hour.
- Line a roasting tin with foil, mix together 1 tbsp sugar, rice and tea leaves and
spread out in the roasting tin.
- Put a wire rack over the rice mixture and place the salmon skin side down on
the rack. Cover the tin with foil leaving 1cm open on one corner.
- Put on the hob on a high heat, when you see smoke coming out of the open
corner seal it up to keep the smoke from escaping and heat for a further 2
- Transfer the tin to the preheated oven and cook for 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and check salmon is cooked (depends a little on the
thickness of the fish), if not return to the oven for a few minutes longer.
- Mix the dressing ingredients together and serve the fish with a dollop of sauce
on the side, green salad and new potatoes.